The Competition was born from a long selection process to bring seven feature films to the festival that compete for two awards: the Audience Award - Golden Ring, and the Critics' Award, given by the jury of critics.
We are proud and happy to present such an eclectic selection. These authors decline, through their most recent works, the Dark Side of Cinema with remarkable inventiveness, through different of shades of disquiet and referring to different genres: from psychological thriller, drama, multiverse narratives to refined horror.
- The Angel of the Walls di Lorenzo Bianchini (Nov. 13, 4 p.m.) - An elderly man, after receiving an eviction order, looks for a way to stay in his old-fashioned apartment until a woman upsets his plans.
- They Carry Death by Helena Girón and Samuel M. Delgado (Nov. 13, 6 p.m.) - 1492. Two journeys that elude death and history.
- Visitor by Alberto Evangelio Ramos (Nov. 16, 9 p.m.) - In the midst of a deep personal crisis, Marga is followed by an invisible entity.
- Follow Her by Sylvia Caminer (Nov. 17, 9 p.m.) - An aspiring actress responds to a mysterious ad.
- Logger by Steffen Geypens (Nov. 18, 7:30 p.m.) - A lumberjack receives a visit from the dead.
- Madre Notturna by Daniele Campea (Nov. 19, 2 p.m.) - The moon has an occult power over Agnese.
- Kerr by Tayfun Pirselimoglu (Nov. 19, 4 p.m.) - Carl is the only witness to a murder and soon ends up being accused of it.